Saturday, January 12, 2013

Life's Return


Every day we greet a lurid world,
Surrounded by zig-zag noises,
Pointed, jagged, and sharp,
In rare moments, tiny little gifts,
Sift into, and readily,
Cut through, a breath's pause,
These ambients melt into,
Smooth escape.

Awaiting me is a precious place,
Glowing with a secret silence,
Sharp as before, but called to be,
A sacred still,
Tiny chill, I peek close,
Against the standing air,
At my nose's tip--drip,
A damp smoke shower appears,
Into my ears, I imagine,
Burning ahead.

With a swallow of abandon,
I squint to view the obscure,
Sight unseen, further I lean,
Yet right there! bestowed at my feet,
Lives the most stoic rays of light,
Brilliant beams fiercely fight, to shine,
From me to the sky,
While I wildly wonder,
All of those curious questions "why?"
Remember, remember,
It says, as we seek, and,
As we pine,
Our home is always,
The beauty of sunshine.

I may arrive too soon, or,
I may arrive too late,
But there is love eternal,
Within my own fate,
Busy or blind, you are there,
Easy as the light,
And here to share.

No comments:

Post a Comment